This 152 page book takes a deeper look into seasonal hive management. The beekeeper’s year begins with a late winter hive inspection and ends with “putting the bees to bed” in the Fall.
Hive management offers concise information which includes:
- How to prevent, control, and capture swarms.
- What you can tell from the outside inspection of your hives
- When and how to “take the crop” and harvest honey.
- How to successfully re-queen – from handling and marking queens to methods of introduction into the hive.
- The problem signs to look for when you open the hive.